Jacobs Senior Engineer in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Our core infrastructure engineering business is provision of design and management services supporting nuclear and defence clients. This includes supporting the UK submarine fleet, designing key facilities at, for example, Faslane, Barrow-in-Furness, and Devonport, and providing design services for the Atomic Weapons Establishment. We support to both existing and new build nuclear power stations.
We are looking to recruit high calibre staff to support our technical delivery capability to meet opportunities in the nuclear and defence industries.
Senior or Principal Mechanical Building Services engineer in the nuclear and defence industries. Responsibilities include:
• Mechanical building services lead in large projects
• Technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those supporting you
• Communication with clients and other design team members
• Business development activities including mechanical building services aspects of proposals
• Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems operational and design safety, and developing good safety culture
• Delivering engineering design work to time and budget
• Supporting and mentoring more junior colleagues
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
• Experience of the use of CIBSE guides
• Experience in designing and commissioning of a diverse range of mechanical building systems
• Chartered Engineer (CIBSE/IMechE)
• Experience of mechanical building services for the Nuclear Industry
• Experience of nuclear safety and justification requirements
• Familiarity with engineering software packages including CAD, BIM and simulation packages
• Producing tender specification for mechanical building services
• Experience of Value Engineering (VE)/Optioneering Workshops
• Experience of HAZOP/HAZID Workshops
• Experience of ALARP Reviews
• Supervision of contractors in factory acceptance, site acceptance and commissioning mechanical services.
• Experience of working for or with an engineering consultancy
• Experience of coaching and mentoring junior staff.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.