Jacobs Senior Systems Engineer in Glasgow, United Kingdom
The Integrated Systems Assurance Team are a key part our People & Places Solutions business, working on a varied range of projects, both within the UK and internationally, assisting our clients with the delivery of their products, projects and programmes - safely, effectively and efficiently. The team is a highly motivated, inclusive and diverse group, responsible for providing systems engineering, technical system safety, reliability, dependability and risk management services to highly regulated industries, including rail, water, aviation, aerospace, government, energy and processing.
We are looking for Systems Engineers (Consultant/Senior/Principal grades) to join our UK team; base location is flexible, but ideally one of London, Bristol, Birmingham or Glasgow. You will be joining a rapidly growing team who is delivering strategic and tactical support to some of the world’s most inspiring projects and programmes across many industries including rail, air, water, defence, nuclear and processing. This role provides a fantastic career opportunity, whilst developing your skills and experience under the guidance and mentorship of our industry-recognised senior team.
You will be able to work across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle. You will thrive on doing something different every day and be comfortable with ambiguity. You will have a strong desire to learn new things. You will be a good communicator at all levels, able to understand and decompose complexity and present it in simple terms.
Typically, you will be involved in:
• Concept development of systems solutions.
• Development and management of system requirements including the use of tools such as DOORS.
• Development of abstract architectures to describe systems, using tools such as SparxWorks.
• Design process engineering for hardware, software and mixed technology systems.
• Systems safety engineering and RAM activities.
• Systems integration, including structuring and partitioning of complex systems.
• Systems performance evaluation and its application to verification and validation.
• System Integrity analysis including resilience and impact assessment.
• Systems qualification and acceptance.
The System Assurance Team is distributed nationally, supporting our clients globally. We are a progressive and flexible team and offer the opportunity to work from home, business needs permitting. Travel may be required to project and client offices with occasional overnight stays or longer-term secondments. This may include opportunities for working overseas.
#UKSystemsEng #UKRail #UKTransportation
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A minimum of a technical Degree, equivalent qualification or experience
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering activities in a complex, safety focussed and regulated organisation with multiple complex interfaces. Ideally in rail (e.g. heavy, metro or light) or a similar regulated environment (e.g. aerospace or nuclear)
• Comfortable with, and demonstrable experience of, resolving ambiguity in task, system and requirements definition
• Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
• Delivery focussed with an enthusiasm to make a positive difference
• Demonstrable experience of change management, rapidly adapting to emerging requirements, changing circumstances and high levels of uncertainty and ambiguity in a fast-changing environment
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Corporate membership with an appropriate professional institution (e.g. INCOSE, SaRS, IET, IMechE).
• Professional qualified or working towards professional qualification (e.g. IEng/CEng)
• INCOSE recognised status, e.g. Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
• Demonstrable experience of
• Requirements capture, analysis and management
• Verification and validation
• Interface identification, control, and management
• Systems architecture development
• Systems migration planning
• Working experience of setting up and enabling Enterprise Architecture and Modelling activities for complex ‘System of Systems’ (SoS) projects
• Experience in the application of systems assurance standards such as EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, IEC 61508 etc.
• Experience in SPARX Enterprise Architect, Cameo Systems Modeler ™, IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Architect, Capella or other similar MBSE tool
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.