Jacobs Technology Development and Support Lead, Bridges & Structures in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
To support Jacobs’ transition to a high-tech solutions provider, increase our competitiveness, and deliver to our clients in a technology enabled way, we need to evolve how we work. To achieve that, it is essential that we embrace and drive change, and use the power of people, technology and data.
In Bridges & Structures we are transforming how we deliver through evolving roles and skills, and the implementation of new technologies and lean, digital processes, to increase efficiency and add value for our clients.
The Technology Development and Support Lead is a key member of the Bridges & Structures Delivery Transformation team and will lead the development, implementation and scaling of automated tools and processes to improve efficiency/productivity and project outcomes.
You will be an enthusiastic, forward thinking, and vocal advocate of technologies and new ways of working. As this is a new role in the business you will be responsible for raising awareness of our capabilities and solutions, and growing our existing Technology Development and Support team. A passion for technologies coupled with strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills are key to the success of the role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Applying lean and agile methodologies in developing and implementing automated tools, and workflows to improve efficiency/productivity and project outcomes.
• Developing solutions that support the automated production of deliverables which meet project requirements and Jacobs’ standards, methods, and procedures.
• Taking a proactive, customer first approach to identifying internal, client and contractor problems and challenges, and opportunities to develop innovative digital solutions, products and services.
• Working closely with Task Information Managers (TIMs) and the project teams to implement new solutions while ensuring compliance with project requirements and processes.
• Managing resourcing and workload for the Technology Development and Support team and growing the team through career development and recruitment.
• Raising the profile of digital ways of working and our development capabilities through various forums, presentations, and proactively reaching out to the teams.
• Ensuring the appropriate training and support is provided to the UK and Global Integrated Delivery teams.
• Overseeing the production of internal standards, methods, procedures, and training videos.
• Working with the core Transformation team, TIMs and project teams to prove the value of new solutions and ensure evidence is captured and shared.
• Helping to create a culture of innovation and diverse thinking in the Bridges teams.
• Communicating and collaborating with the wider Transportation Operating Unit to ensure awareness, alignment, and consistent outcomes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience in the engineering/construction industry.
• A degree or HND/HNC in engineering/construction/computer science or related qualification.
• Experience of languages and scripting environments such as Dynamo, Python, VBA, VB.NET, C and C#.
• Experience of developer environments and source code management such as Visual Studio and GitHub.
• Good understanding of API and developing custom plug-ins for common engineering applications such as Autodesk Revit.
• Knowledge of process improvement, lean start-up, and agile ways of working.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Experience in the Transportation/Highways construction sector.
• Experience of applications such as Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and UiPath.
• Knowledge of Building Information Modelling technologies, processes, and requirements.
• Industry recognised certification or member of affiliated professional bodies e.g. ICE, IET, RIBA.
The following attributes are key to the success of the role:
• A proactive communicator and collaborator.
• Open minded and a diverse, forward thinker.
• Identifies and challenges the status quo.
• Customer focussed – listen, understand problems and offer solutions.
• Strong ability to plan and make optimum use of time.
• Pragmatic, tenacious and resilient.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.