Jacobs Life Safety Systems Engineer in Givatayim,
At Jacobs, we don’t settle. We’re always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. Start your Jacobs career that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for a Life Safety Systems Engineer in Kiryat Gat, Israel who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You’ll thrive as you perform design of Life Safety and Security Systems for our client’s advanced facilities.
This position will provide Lead opportunities for delivery of complex packages in coordination with engineers and design leads that form the core of our electrical delivery team. You will interface directly with client counterparts in designing of their facilities. Utilising AutoCAD and Revit MEP, our teams create 3D models in coordination with architects and engineers. From those 3D BIM models you’ll design fire alarm, smoke and leak detection, security and intrusion detection systems, and more. Using the various applicable Life Safety & Fire codes as well as industry standards you will provide: calculations; equipment size and quantities; equipment and construction specifications; network diagrams and addressing; and various construction deliverables in both 2D and 3D platforms for a constructable design.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organisational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximising the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences.
• Knowledge & application of NFPA 70 (NEC) and electrical design requirements
• Knowledge & application of NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, and NFPA 72 Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
• Knowledge & application of NFPA 400 Hazardous Materials Code
• Familiar with IBC and NFPA 1 Fire Code as they pertain to LSS
• Design experience with security, access control, intrusion detection and CCTV
• Design experience with Fire Alarming, VESDA systems, HPM, and Leak Detection
• Experience leading a team of LSS design staff
• Knowledge of design and construction specifications
• Experience estimating and scheduling mid to large scale projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Master’s degree
• Working knowledge of 3D BIM software (Revit)
• 10 years of LSS design in semiconductor or datacenters
• Oversight of Quality Assurance and Checking program for LSS and Security systems
• Start-up and Commissioning of LSS and Security systems
• Other Certification:
• CFPS – Cert. Fire Protection Specialist
• CPP / APP – Cert/Assoc. Protection Professional (security)
• PSP – Physical Security Professional