Jacobs Project Manager in Cape Town,
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Clean Energy SA (Pty) Ltd, in Cape Town, who predominately work in the Nuclear (Energy) Industry, are looking for a Project Manager, with a passion to lead our project teams to achieve successful delivery of some of our EPC projects.
Ideally you will have EPC project management experience, suitably qualified (technical / engineering / project management qualifications), with solid and lengthy field of experience to draw upon.
Key skills and responsibilities include;
• Structure and manage the project resources,
• Lead the team in a respectful and professional manner, and hold everyone in the project team accountable and responsible,
• Good EQ, People manager and must be able to be client facing
• Can deal with client requirements and expectations on heavily regulated projects (Eskom / Nuclear),
• Contract and change management – letters, Compensation Events (calculate, defend, motivate, fight), NEC contract experience
• Risk Management - Early Warnings, Risk Registers, Managing Risk, mitigating risk, planning for risk, costing / insuring, etc.
• Manage finances / cost engineering (budget tracking, forecasting, reporting, calculate Compensation Events / claims, etc.)
• Governance and QA – ensure the project follows all Jacobs and client procedures and requirements
• Planning management – ensure compliance, liaise between planning and technical, acceleration, crashing, resource loading and optimization. Planning software experience
• Reports to MOP (Manager Of Projects) (monthly and when required)
• Can be relied on – responsible and accountable
• Self-starter who takes Initiative and is a problem solver, and who goes beyond the role
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree or equivalent in an engineering, construction or other related field (preferably Electrical, C&I, Mechatronics or Electro-Mechanical),
• Relevant Project Manager qualification (PMP, etc)
• Experience with NEC Contract management,
• Experience of managing contractors, consultants, subcontractors and other parties
• Experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
• Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
o Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery
o Multi-discipline EPC projects (particular Electrical and C&I)
o Procurement and management of complex contracts
o Control of costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools
o Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations
• Knowledge of Regulations (SACPCMP, etc.)
• Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Previous nuclear working experience
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.