Jacobs Site HSE Manager in Kiev,
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs branch in Ukraine is looking to hire an experienced Site HSE Manager , who would join our local project office. Site HSE Manager will provide safety inspection services for Jacobs' employees and Jacobs' subcontractors at the site. Principle work location will be in Kyiv, Ukraine at the Project Office. It is anticipated that in addition there will be 2 remote sites, and the Site HSE Manager may have to travel to these sites for inspections.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Visit the project construction site continually to ensure site assess site conditions and review HSE program implementation.
• Ensure that Jacobs' site personnel and subcontractor supervisors read or are provided a summary of the HSE Plan and that they sign the Employee Signoff Form (should be developed) prior to commencing field activities.
• Assure that the workforce is trained and qualified.
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of the HSE Plan, with applicable subcontractor health and safety plan(s), and with any applicable local regulations.
• Review and accept or reject subcontractor training records and site-specific safety plans or procedures prior to the start of the subcontractor’s field operations.
• Make safety integral to each operation by promoting worker involvement in the work planning and hazard identification process.
• Maintain active and visible involvement using open communication with employees regarding safety items on the project
• Review and understand contractual obligations regarding HSE.
• Manage the Subcontractor Site Safety Managers (if assigned) at the site, and communicate with third parties in a manner consistent with Jacobs' contract agreements and the applicable standard of reasonable care.
• Verify and document that Jacobs' team members have completed any required specialty training (for example, fall protection and confined space entry) and medical surveillance.
• Verify that project health and safety forms and permits are being used as outlined in this HSE Plan
• Verify that project files available to site personnel include copies of HSE training, medical-monitoring records, and site-specific safety procedures prior to the start of the subcontractor’s field operations
• Verify appropriate PPE use, availability, and training.
• Conduct or participate in incident investigations, including root cause analysis.
• Maintain HSE records and documentation.
• Deliver field HSE training, as needed, based on project-specific hazards and activities.
• Ensure that programs are effectively functioning to prevent and control hazards on the project.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
An industry relevant Degree or Diploma preferred
At least 5 years of professional experience as a construction site HSE manager is required, as well as formal training as an HSE or Construction Safety Manager, including knowledge of the local HSE legislation
Demonstrable track record of on-site experience directly delivering a broad range of HSE services
Proficiency in verbal and written skills in English and Ukrainian
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.