Jacobs Architect Professional in Greenville, South Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, advanced facilities simplify our everyday lives, enabling technology to connect us. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
As an Architect Professional in Greenville, SC, you will design state-of-the-art life science and biopharm facilities (include Drug Substance, Drug Product Manufacturing, Oral Solid Dosage (OSD), Advanced Medicinal Therapeutic Products (ATMP), Plasma Derived Medicinal Products (PDMP) and new modalities. You will be a critical part of a team delivering detailed designs while coordinating design and construction activities, studies and analyses. You’ll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise mentoring junior team members to help your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward. You will be involved in feasibility studies, to production of detail design documents, to rapid technical assistance during construction. Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher–level degree from an accredited Architecture school.
• Minimum of 15+ years of applicable life sciences professional experience
• Registered Architect
• Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, and AutoCAD.
• Technical knowledge related to the development of construction documents in Revit.
• Proficiency with MS Office, and PowerPoint, and Bluebeam Revu.
• Ability to generate architectural specifications and building life safety diagrams.
• Ability to perform building code analysis.
• Ability to contribute to the development of new ideas, techniques, and standards.
• Focus on Life Sciences projects preferred
• Familiarity with LEED and / or sustainable strategies.
• Familiarity with 3D visualization tools such as Enscape Render.
• Strong graphic presentation skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) applications.
• Construction administration experience
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s degree in Architecture
• Ability to determine interior design objectives and approaches for project execution.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks in support of multiple ongoing projects running concurrently.
• Ability to coordinate within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
• Ability to work independently.
• Experience with the implementation of the project process including programming, space planning, conceptual design, design development, and construction documents.
• Ability to communicate visually and verbally with team members and clients.
• Technical knowledge related to the application and specification of furniture systems, furnishings, and finish materials.
• Experience performing construction administration activities – responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals, preparing field observation reports, and punch listing
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.