Jacobs Construction Manager - Hybrid (Flexible Location) in Greenville, South Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs’ Advanced Manufacturing Group is seeking a Construction Manager to join our collaborative team, providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. We’re looking for a passionate Construction Professional who is driven by innovation, exceeding expectations, and challenging the status quo.
The Construction Manager’s (CM) primary function is to lead the Pre-construction and construction process in reviewing contractor performance against the contractor’s responsibility for schedule and quality and assist in planning work to ensure the contractors can perform efficiently. The CM will work with a team and report to the Jacobs Management. The CM monitors the work installed by contractors to ensure it is completed using sound, acceptable construction practices. The CM will be a resource for the Owner to provide guidance on US construction practices and review change orders. The CM is also responsible for auditing installed quantities as reported by the contractors to aid in accurate schedule updates and the invoicing review process. They participate in Interactive Planning (IAP) efforts for schedule sequence development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Implementation and compliance with Jacobs Beyond-Zero safety culture.
• Constructability reviews, value engineering, pre-construction planning, site logistics planning and written construction execution plans, with the mindset of optimizing safety, cost and schedule.
• Construction schedule development and integration with design deliverables, vendor equipment deliveries and commissioning plans.
• Detailed construction sequence planning including leading pull planning sessions.
• Ability to lead EPCM projects of $100M TIC or greater.
• Ability to lead a project staff of 15 or greater.
• Assisting in developing innovative project solutions around modularization and prefabrication means and methods.
• Review, verify, provide recommendations and/or approvals of Contractor, Subcontractor and Vendor (Contractors) execution plans.
• Monitor construction progress on a daily and weekly basis and provide recommendations for improvement based on experience.
• Monitor installed qualities (Earned Value Measure) against the project baseline quantities and confirm alignment with schedule.
• Leading and liaising weekly contractor meetings to drive safety, schedule, change management and project cost.
• Establish a process for notification and remediation of defects to the contractors during construction.
• Leading the change management process thereby enforcing contract notification procedures, verification of contractual units of measure and quality of submission and merit of change request.
At Jacobs, we’ll help prepare you for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, and expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Advanced experience as a lead site manager in the engineering and construction industry.
• Thorough knowledge of construction cost management, scheduling (critical path method), estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with computer applications including, Microsoft Office, scheduling and project management programs.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scope or work and project schedules.
• Ability to implement technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM), Lean principles and other leading-edge technologies.
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building, and client relationship building.
• OSHA 30 or willing to achieved within 60days of employment.
• Project experience relating to Industrial, Manufacturing, Data Center or Food & Beverage project types.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE), or Project Management Professional (PMP)
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you and what you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time, exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus. The salary to be offered is geographic dependent and commensurate with experience relative to the position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.