Jacobs Piping Design Engineer in Greenville, South Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We're looking for a Piping Design Engineer in Greenville, SC who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our Federal clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on state of the art industrial and commercial facilities for Federal DoD and Civilian clients as well as Defense Contractors. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. You and our multi-discipline, highly interactive team will establish design basis, develop options and optimizations of selected design, and produce calculations, drawings, specifications, and other deliverables
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Qualifications - External
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• U.S. Citizenship
• At least 5 years of experience in Industrial Piping Design, including these following knowledge areas:
o Piping and Instrumentation drawings
o High pressure steam distribution piping
o High pressure compressed air and other industrial gases
o Support system analysis and design, including seismic elements
o ASME B31.1 piping systems
• Proficiency in using Revit to develop contract drawings
• Skilled in performing field walk-downs and inspections of existing and under-construction piping systems
• Experience authoring technical reports
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Licensure as Professional Engineer (PE)
• Experience in analytical software for fluid flow, including PIPE-FLO
• Ability to perform computerized stress analysis using CAESAR II or AutoPIPE
• Experience in proposal development, particularly in developing piping engineering scopes of work in conjunction with internal stakeholders and external clients.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.