Jacobs Project Coordinator (GVL) in Greenville, South Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Project Coordinator, you’ll be an integral part of Jacobs’ Life Science’s organization in Greenville South Carolina. This role plans and supports a variety of assignments related to project delivery and strategic growth of the group to position Jacobs for success. Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform a variety of activities, ranging from coordination of ongoing projects, team communication and training, document management, and support of strategic business initiatives such as proposals and presentations.
During your time with Jacobs, you will engage with multi-location office staff and various engineering and support disciplines executing design projects to establish documentation databases, coordinate access, coordinate and support design efforts, author and/or coordinate technical reports and proposal development, as well as independently lead the coordination of all the Greenville Life Sciences document control function.
This candidate may be based in any U.S. location and assigned to team in Greenville South Carolina.
• Working closely with the Greenville Life Sciences operations team to coordinate and perform writing, editing, and issuance on time of reports, deliverables, and proposals for a variety of project execution and business development efforts
• Working closely with the Greenville Life Sciences operations team to input accurate data for resource planning tools, CRM/sales functions, business, and operations planning, hiring, and management reporting to help coordinate the entire program during period of growth
• Manage multiple tasks concurrently and engage with various team members/ stakeholders/ reviewers to facilitate work streams and documentation
• Coordinate geographically-dispersed teams and be able to do this remotely
• Use a collaboration site to establish systems and tools for document control and implement document control plans that becomes standardized ways of execution engineering processes
• Establish standard process/policy locally, and perform quality reviews of overall communication and documentation processes on systems platform
• Provide direct contribution to the daily management of projects, project communication, deliverables, and overall ownership of the document control function.
• Prepare, process, and distribute project communications and information flow such as engineering deliverables, reports, meeting minutes, submittals, requests for information (RFIs), field orders, clarifications, pay requests, change orders, etc.
• Manage documentation during design, construction, commissioning, and closeout phases of projects.
• Maintain files in hard-copy and electronic retention systems, as required.
• Ensure project organization and access are established in an efficient manner and participants are trained in application of program document control system.
• Prioritize own and others’ work to meet team deliverables
• Follow enterprise health and safety policies and procedures and escalates issues
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Commitment to supporting and engaging a multi-office and Global Integrated Delivery (GID) team and the Jacobs project team members across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities
• BS/BA in business, journalism, English, or technical discipline OR 8+ years of relevant experience in the engineering, architecture, construction, and/or environmental industries in lieu of degree
• Attention to detail to complete tasks independently, quickly, and correctly the first time which meet requirements
• Ability to manage competing priorities, between strategic initiatives with longer due dates and tactical execution of tasks on urgent and immediate timelines
• Advanced editing and proofreading skills, with an eye towards client messaging, themes, aesthetics, quality, and content
• Strong organizational qualities and attention to detail and quality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• 10 years plus experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Passion for continuous improvement and correcting system inefficiencies and waste with ability to resolve obstacles through long term focus on resolution and continuous improvement; ability to work effectively within complex business systems
• Technical writing skills obtained through some combination of education (BA or BS) or experience working in an engineering organization; ability to quickly implement company image/brand guidelines on assigned documents and establish appropriate formatting and project information through advanced editing and proofreading skills, with an eye towards client messaging, themes, aesthetics, quality, and content
• Proficiency in multiple document management platforms such as ProjectWise and CRM software such as Salesforce
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.