Jacobs Project Engineer in Greenville, South Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Project Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of Jacobs’ Life Science’s organization in Greenville, South Carolina. This role is accountable for the coordination of projects including, guidance of all technical design, scheduling and budgetary performance, design quality, and safety. Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform a variety of activities, ranging from project execution, support of business initiatives such as proposals and presentations, and promoting the strategic growth of Greenville Life Science organization.
During your time with Jacobs, you will engage with multi-office engineering and support staff to provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery.
This candidate may be based in any U.S. location and assigned to team in Greenville, South Carolina.
• Working closely with the Greenville Life Sciences operations team to perform writing, editing, and issuance of proposals for a variety of project execution and business development efforts
• Coordinate geographically dispersed teams and be able to do this remotely
• Working closely with the Greenville Life Sciences operations team to input accurate data for resource planning tools, CRM/sales functions, business, and operations planning, hiring, and management reporting to help coordinate the entire program during period of growth
• Support project delivery efforts in scope, budget, contract, schedules, and quality
• Manage multiple tasks and at times projects concurrently
• Engage with various team members, stakeholders, and client representatives to facilitate project design development
• Review weekly / monthly project financial reports for client and internal Jacobs’ business systems
• Work with PM to resolve various project-related issues that may arise over the course of a project’s delivery
• Represent the owner, responsible for the overall design coordination amongst all disciplines
• Manage the design checking procedure and participate in design progress measurement reviews
• Provide motivation and direction to project teams
• Prioritize own and others’ work to meet team deliverables
• Follow enterprise health and safety policies and procedures and escalates issues
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Commitment to supporting and engaging a multi-office and Global Integrated Delivery (GID) team and the Jacobs project team members across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities
• BS in engineering, construction, and/or related discipline
• Attention to detail to complete tasks independently, quickly, and correctly the first time which meet requirements
• Ability to manage competing priorities, between strategic initiatives with longer due dates and tactical execution of tasks on urgent and immediate timelines
• Strong organizational qualities and attention to detail and quality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Confident in use of project delivery software and tools, especially with respect to cost and schedule control
• 2+ years of experience working on pharmaceutical projects as a design lead, project engineer, or project manager
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Passion for continuous improvement and ability to work effectively within complex business systems
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Be a safety leader through example and compliance
• Strong organizational skills
• Run technical meetings, develop action lists, and drive actions to completion
• Ability to understand drawing and equipment document information
• Ability to understand engineering reports, notes, and directions
• Licensed as Professional Engineer (PE), preferred
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.