Jacobs Health & Safety Specialist - Groton, CT in Groton, Connecticut
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge the accepted so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our client to have a safe, reliable and efficient system. You will help us empower communities to focus on what matters most – people.
Jacobs is seeking a highly motivated Health & Safety (H&S) Specialist to be a part of our Groton, CT team. In this role, you'll assist in the development, implementation, and administration of the health and safety program.
Our Health and Safety Professionals:
• Perform assessments of Health & Safety performance at the project and generate reports including recommendations in areas requiring improvement.
• Review and provide/assist with safety training of Jacobs personnel.
• Ensure an overall improving trend for key project safety metrics including TRR, DART, training completion, etc.
• Communicate gaps in the project Health & Safety program.
• Have specific knowledge of specialty areas (OSHA 1910 &1926, NFPA 70E and 101, etc.) and perform regular site walks to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Work under very general direction and independently.
• Monitor and prevent chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the workplace.
• Work closely with Jacobs site management and PCC safety personnel on any site H&S discrepancies.
• Identify and recommend resolution of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions and follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
• Investigate Jacobs personal injury and property damage accidents; compile data, photographs, etc. and prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents.
• Conduct various industrial hygiene samplings, such as personal air sampling and noise exposure sampling to ensure healthy working conditions.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Jacobs is committed to providing infrastructure solutions that are sustainable, inclusive and equitable. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) considerations are central to how we operate as a business and how we serve our clients. Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow.
**This is an on-site position.
#bia #ourjacobs #omfs
Here’s What You’ll Need:
**(The candidate hired must meet all the requirements. Please review carefully)
• BS degree plus an additional 3 years full time experience in a Health & Safety position; or a minimum of 7 years full time experience in a Health & Safety position in lieu of the degree
• Previous experience in a general industry environment
• Experience with managing and conducting safety training presentations
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Degree in industrial hygiene, safety, environmental science or engineering
• Industrial Hygiene experience
• CIH or CSP
• Experience working at a foundry
• Experience with respiratory protection programs, including training and fit testing
• Experience in regulatory compliance
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.