Jacobs Cybersecurity Network Analyst in Hanover, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
The Cybersecurity Network Analyst (CNA) performs systems and data threat analysis and enterprise-wide monitoring of systems and networks for insider threats. Performs baseline audits of usage of all automated information systems and provides feedback in the form of written and oral reports and metrics. Performs focused monitoring capabilities on a case-by-case basis. Performs testing of new software releases/upgrades and policies to ensure compatibility with enterprise applications. Performs network maintenance checks on requisite insider threat monitoring software and third-party architecture. Creates policies, performs data analysis, product configuration support, network and database support, and maintenance of the operating server, agent baseline, and database repository; performs software policy analysis, generation, refinement, and testing. Reviews and recommends additional resources required to meet requirements. Assists in building and deploying software enhancements. Participates in program and technical exchange meetings. Provides product specific training on-site and off -site as required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Software, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (Four (4) years programming and analysis experience using the Insider Threat Analysis software may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.)
• One (1) year experience creating knowledge objects and robust queries/searches, along with creating reports and generating charts from the resulting queries/searches using Splunk.
• Two (2) years of experience in Cybersecurity techniques and Network Analysis.
• Three (3) years of experience with the Insider Threat Analysis software utilization.
• Three (3) years of experience with TCP/IP fundamentals, Windows Operating Systems and supporting Office applications.
• Real-world incident management/Incident response experience.
• Maintains the integrity, security and availability of the Insider Threat software tool
• Organizes and formats threat analysis reports; identifies events/incidents that require follow-up action
• Implements new software or software modifications to comply with design and/or performance requirements
• Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of software and reports generated
• Monitors various network logs to ensure proper operation.
• Participates in customer program and technical exchange meetings
• Supports the development of long- and short-term analysis and design requirements; database design, development, implementation, and analysis activities
• Performs regularly scheduled database back- ups to prevent the potential loss of collected data. Tests backups to ensure the ability to restore data
• Performs baseline audits. Develops simple database queries, identify and report software bugs or defects for correction
• Assists the Government in building and deploying software and enhancements. Provides training on Insider Threat Analysis software and analysis techniques
• Makes minor modifications to existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or improve threat software performance
• Performs software testing of new releases/upgrades and policies to ensure compatibility with enterprise applications and full compatibility with all enterprise applications
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections of the software operations, hardware integration, and systems logs. Monitors data repositories, identifies, and resolves any performance issues arising from use of the Insider Threat software components and /or the organizational intranet
• Configure, integrate and ensure commercially obtained third-party software patches and updates to enterprise workstations do not result in unexpected loss of capability or other negative impact to monitoring and audit activities
• Test new Insider Threat software agents on workstations with representative software loads including any proprietary applications, ensures thorough and effective testing of requisite agents
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.