Jacobs Linux Systems Administrator in Hanover, Maryland
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is currently interviewing cleared TS/SCI Poly candidates for a Linux Systems Administrator to support a long-term prime contract in Hanover, Maryland. The Linux Systems Administrator will:
• Provide support for hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Configure and manages LINUX operating system and installs
• Create bash shell scripts to aid in system stability and deployment repeatability
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
• Provide detailed analysis and feedback to management and internal customers for escalated tickets
• Load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Active TS/SCI w/Poly
Bachelors' degree + 9 years' experience in systems administration OR 13 years' experience in systems administration without a Bachelors' degree.
9+ years of bash programming experience
7+ years of Perl/Python programming and LINUX (Redhat/CentOS 5 or greater) experience
Knowledge or web technologies (html, xml, Java2E, etc.)
3+ years of experience with virtualization or Puppet 3
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .