Jacobs Account Receivable Specialist in Herndon, Virginia
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their fast-paced, growing Billing team! This position can work primarily remote but will need to be available for occasional travel to Northern Virginia. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Preparing of Invoices for various US govt customers.
• Work with Project Control Department and Program Managers to create, approve and submit proper and compliant invoices on a monthly basis.
• Submit invoices to customer through various methods.
• Track invoices from posting to full payment, making contact with external customers as needed to collect payment on all invoices.
• Create and submit retroactive rate adjustment invoices periodically.
• Reconcile customer Auto pays on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Various “out of scope” tasks and projects when directed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 5 years related experience.
• Deltek Costpoint 7 or 8 and/or ORACLE experience in preparing invoices for US Govt CPFF, T&M and FFP contracts required.
• Knowledge of Billing to include formatting, calculating invoices, preparing standard bills, comparing billing info to various project reports.
• Reconciling and applying cash for autopay customers.
• Experience working with various govt portals (MPO, WAWF, IPP etc) desired.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment, both independently and as part of a team is a must.
• Ability to meet deadlines and communicate clearly with both internal and external contacts is critical.
Desired Requirements :
• Ability to obtain/maintain a US government clearance
• Experience with Cognos or any other Enterprise Reporting query tools
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint, ORACLE, or other finance and accounting software tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited college or university
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .