Jacobs Application Security Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is looking to hire a Mid-Level Application Security Engineer to support their customer in Washington, DC. This position will be remote/Herndon/Wash DC.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Experience in Secure SDLC and DevSecOps principles and framework
• Partner with the internal team to migrate current Vulnerability Management's automation services to DevSecOps
• Experience with testing automation tools & App Security Testing such as Tenable Nessus, SonarQube, BurpeSuite, etc including configuration and operation of tools and help with evaluation of new tools.Analyze source code for security flaws
• Architect security gates using automated testing in SDLC
• Vet and verify security vulnerabilities
• Support and collaborate with other teams in the DevSecOps process
• Track and lead vulnerability resolutions with application teams
• Author comprehensive assessment deliverables that are proficiently tailored to both technical and managerial audiences and fully detail the technical execution, core deficiencies, business impact, and realistic remediation strategies
• Perform other duties as assigned
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Understanding of web service technologies such as XML, JSON, SOAP, and REST
• Experience with web system security concepts, including authentication, authorization (RBAC), encryption/hashing, SAML, and LDAP
• Knowledge of and experience testing for OWASP Security Standards (XSS, CSRF, LFI, RFI, SQLi, etc.)
• Knowledge of risk analysis standards (e.g. NIST 800-30, CVSS)
• Certifications like CEH, GWAPT, CCNP, GSEC and others are preferred.
• 5+ years experience and understanding of NIST 800-53, NIST 800-53A, NIST 800-30 and NIST 800-37.
• 5+ years prior experience performing security control assessments of all NIST 800-53 controls.
• Experience configuring and using technical assessment tools such as Nessus, HP WebInspect, AppDetective, BurpSuite, Wireshark, QualysGuard and Redseal.
• 5+ years of Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementation experience.
• Proficiency understanding the technical architecture of IT systems built using Windows, UNIX, Linux, IBM AIX, VMware, Citrix, Oracle and MySQL platforms.
• Strong documentation and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Working knowledge of common network devices
• Working knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems
• Working knowledge of common database platforms
• Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
• Must be U.S. Citizen and able to obtain “Public Trust” level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required).
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.