Jacobs Data Scientist – AI/ Machine Learning Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
The AI/ Machine Learning Engineer will work to develop new data products as well as work to identify and integrate new datasets. They will serve as one of the lead data strategists responsible for mining relevant data sources for the customer.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Apply statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to answer key intelligence questions, producing results and re-usable products for the client
• Develop and refine data sets to achieve stakeholder goals and objectives as requested
• Apply machine learning techniques to identify and transform data features and find patterns and trends
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Conduct technical reviews and develop materials to train system users and instructors
• Use algorithms to mine data stores
• Analyze data to identify any trends and patterns
• Develop and communicate findings and analytic solutions to the client and other stakeholders
• Develop statistical models for data analysis
• Use analytical experiments to solve complex problems
• Perform statistical analysis
Here’s What You’ll Need:
TS/SCI with Poly REQUIRED
• Proficiency in advanced statistical techniques and concepts, such as regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.)
• Proficiency in machine learning techniques, such as clustering, decision tree learning, and artificial neural networks
• Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, SQL, and other programming languages such as Python or Java
• Experience in predictive modeling and pattern recognition
• Former experience as a data scientist
• Good written and verbal communication skills; good interpersonal skills
• Critical thinker and problem solver who can analyze problems and work towards better solutions
Minimum Education/ Years of Experience:
Bachelors plus 16 years, or
21 years of experience
• Experience in project management
• Masters or PhD in Data Science or related field
• Industry recognized Data Science certification
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .