Jacobs Space Software System Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
We are leading the design and development of next generation satellite payloads and ground processing systems. We have the corporate investment, infrastructure, subject matter experts, and strategic focus to enable you to be successful.
• Product owner for the division’s space software portfolio responsible for establishing product roadmaps that align to business goals, customer objectives, and project requirements
• Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives in space software
• Lead/advise space software designs, Release Trains, and planning
• Proactively foster portfolio growth opportunities through long-term strategic planning and business capture in coordination with company leadership
• Communicate customer needs to the agile teams and represent the agile teams to the customer
• Migrate system solutions to space-grade enterprise scale
• Support maturity of system engineering practices to CMMI V2.0 ML 3 by application of techniques such as Lean Six Sigma
• Incorporate MBSE practices into software and systems engineering
• Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, math, or a related discipline.
• 5 years’ experience in software and systems engineering.
• Experience developing designs for airborne or satellite systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills ranging from proposal writing to briefing executive level leadership.
• Documented experience leading successful teams.
• Strong ability to manage stakeholders and customers as well as their expectations.
• Experience leading agile teams of firmware and software engineers.
• Systems engineering experience to optimize system performance versus size, weight, power, cost, thermal, and other constraints.
• Experience with space software ranging from the payload, through the bus to the ground station, and to the cloud and beyond.
• Experience with SoCs, FPGAs, and GPUs.
• Experience with Software-Defined Radios.
• Experience with radar, SIGINT, and/or communications systems.
• Experience with extremely high performance, wideband, tunable RF systems.
• Experience with moderate to high volume space systems production.
Clearance Requirement: Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance (minimum SECRET clearance).
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Location(s): Beavercreek, OH
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.