Jacobs Facilities Mechanical / HVAC Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know we’re making a difference.
As a Facilities Mechanical Engineer in Hillsboro, OR you will work on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ manufacturing. You and the other team members will work closely with client owners in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to establish design requirements and produce construction documents for the installation of complex manufacturing tools. Responsibilities include design oversight for piping and ducting for equipment heating, cooling, exhaust, and process chemicals and gasses for extensive tools in some of the most complex, densely packed industrial facilities on the planet. The design may include retrofit of existing building systems to accommodate tool installation including engineering calculations, equipment and component sizing, selection, and specification, and support during construction and integration into the factory.
As the mechanical representative on a multi-discipline design team, you will work directly with other Jacobs design staff, client equipment owners, researchers, and equipment manufacturers of next generation and prototype tools to build utility requirement documents to allow the development of installation design packages. You may also provide technical training, quality check designs, and assist directly with the more complex portions of the design process. You may have PE stamping responsibility for the designs. You will interact directly with clients and contractors to assist with construction on site. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s what you’ll need :
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from ABET Accredited University
· Six (6) years of practical application of mechanical facilities engineering, including HVAC, hydronics, process piping, exhaust, plumbing, and related mechanical facilities systems
· Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Oregon or ability to obtain within 3 months (active NCEES record)
Ideal candidate will also possess:
· Two (2) years of experience working with complex semiconductor manufacturing tools either their manufacture, installation, or use in cleanrooms
· Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD and Navisworks software
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Forward-thinking, eager to learn best practices and contribute with innovative ideas
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-discipline design teams
· Passion for buildings and construction
· Two (2) years field experience on an active industrial site
This is a hybrid position requiring work to be performed potentially from home, on the client site in Hillsboro, OR, or in the downtown Portland, OR office.
Candidate must be within commuting distance and willing to commute to site and/or office as necessary. Jacobs will not reimburse travel expenses for this position. Relocation assistance may be provided.
· Physical Requirements:
- Position may require visits and walks at an active client site in various stages of construction. Applicant must be able to walk long distances, sit and stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, twist, crawl, climb ladders, work on catwalks, work in small spaces, lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
· Authorized to Work: Applicant must complete background check and drug screen and be fully authorized to work for any client in the United States. Jacobs will not sponsor or continue a visa for this position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.