Jacobs Senior / Associate Engineer (PM/DM) in Hobart, Australia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
A new opportunity exists for a Senior / Associate Engineer (Project Manager / Design Manager) to based at our Hobart office. Reporting to the Section Leader – Roads & Highways, the purpose of this role is to provide planning and management of overall delivery of major, complex Transport and Civil Infrastructure projects.
You will be a strong communicator, able to liaise effectively with clients and stakeholders and able to motivate a team of talented professionals and designers to deliver quality output for our clients. The role includes technical oversight, effective management of subconsultants and specialists and application of verification skills in your field of expertise. #LI-AP1 #APMETransport #ANZTransport
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Appropriate relevant Qualifications (e.g., Degree Civil Engineering)
• Significant knowledge and experience of Civil & Roads engineering principles, methods, and deliverables for Roads projects.
• The ability to lead the technical input and direction in the design of Transport and Civil Infrastructure in the capacity of either a Design Manager or Package Civil Lead. Project types may include concept, detailed design, D&C tenders, D&C delivery, alliances, or PPP projects for transport infrastructure.
• The ability to lead technical reviews, independently check and approve/verify Transport and Civil design completed by others. This includes, as appropriate, supporting the Independent Certification (IC)/Independent Verification (IV) team with potential IC/IV assignments to major projects (including site-based assignments).
• Strong understanding of technical standards for Roads & Highways design & construction documentation.
• Leadership in coordinating and communicating with other disciplines
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to complete these checks or meet the associated criteria, then your offer of employment may be delayed or withdrawn.