Jacobs Water/Wastewater Area Health & Safety Professional in Hoboken, New Jersey
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
We are seeking a highly motivated Water/Wastewater Facilities Health & Safety (H&S) Professional to be a part of our team. This position will assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety, health, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection.
Our Health, Safety & Environment Professionals:
• Perform assessments of Health & Safety performance of projects within their areas of responsibility and generate of report including recommendations to the project in areas requiring improvement.
• Review and assist with training of operations personnel.
• Coordinate and providing training.
• Ensure an overall improving trend for key safety metrics in their area of responsibility TRR, DART, RTW program implementation, etc.
• Communicate gaps in project Health & Safety programs if they are not corrected in a timely manner.
• Have specific knowledge of specialty areas (OSHA 1910 &1926, fire safety, etc.) and perform onsite audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Are responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of Health & Safety disciplines to achieve compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
• Work under very general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Responsible for implementation of field and office HS&E program and occupational safety and health regulation in regional operations.
• Monitor and prevent chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work place.
• Support the behavior based safety program by reviewing and developing Activity Hazard Anaylsis and Pre-Task Plans
• May act as a lead person or technical expert and provide direction to less experienced personnel.
• Conduct regular walk through inspections and investigations in accordance with legal requirements.
• Work closely with site management on any procedural roll outs and site compliance.
• Identify and recommend resolution of hazardous/potential hazardous conditions and follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
• Investigate personal injury and property damage accidents; compile data, photographs, etc. and prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents; issue various entry permits (i.e. to confine spaces) as required; conduct various industrial hygiene samplings, such as gas, noise test to ensure safe working conditions; may assist in conducting employee/craft and insurance inspectors on walk through tours; may accompany federal, state and insurance inspectors on walk through tours.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• Perform oversight of contractors to ensure compliance with site and regulatory H&S requirements.
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management projects, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
(The candidate hired must meet all the requirements. Please review carefully)
• BS degree plus an additional 3 years full time experience in a Health & Safety position; or a minimum of 7 years full time experience in a Health & Safety position in lieu of the degree
• Previous experience in a construction and general industry environment
• Experience with managing and conducting safety training presentations
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Ability to travel 25% a year
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Degree in environmental science, engineering, industrial hygiene, safety, or related field
• Demonstrated interpersonal and personnel management skills
• Experience in regulatory compliance
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.