Jacobs Utah Bridge Lead in Holladay, Utah
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
If you are ready to bridge the gap between our world and our people, join Jacobs. Let’s build for a brighter future together. Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
As the Utah Bridge Lead, you will have an important role that includes leading our Utah Bridge Team, executing bridge projects, pursuing new work, and coordinating with our Southwest Bridge Team on a variety of transportation projects. Leading a team of engineers and technicians, you’ll work to solve problems and challenges in a team environment where everyone is valued. As the Utah Bridge Lead, you will provide structures-specific expertise as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with a contractor on alternative delivery projects and pursuits including Design Build (DB) and Construction Manager / General Contractor (CM/GC). Our interesting and challenging projects include precast concrete girder bridges, steel bridges, light rail bridges, high-speed rail bridges, bridge widenings, rehabilitations, load ratings, and other transportation structures.
Our Utah Bridge Lead will:
• Lead successful delivery of quality projects from conceptual design through preliminary, intermediate, and final design phases to construction
• Develop calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
• Lead structures-specific tasks for on-call contracts
• Identify creative and innovative bridge engineering solutions based on client, project, and site constraints
• Provide technical guidance, oversight, and perform quality reviews
• Train, direct, and mentor mid-level and junior engineers
• Coordinate project milestones and workload with Project Managers, Design Leads, and Senior Bridge Engineers
• Pursue DB and CM/GC alternative delivery projects in Utah and throughout the Southwest
• Support proposal development for pursuits in Utah and throughout the Southwest
• Coordinate with client account management leads, assist with business development activities, and maintain and/or develop relationships with new and existing clients to determine their needs and manage expectations
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as our Utah Bridge Lead.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Utah PE registration
• At least 15 years’ experience, predominantly in bridge design and construction.
• Significant experience on large, multidisciplinary bridge design projects
• Bridge lead experience including multidisciplinary coordination and management of bridge engineers and technicians
• Alternative delivery experience including DB and CM/GC
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
• Experience using structural and bridge analysis and design software such as Midas Civil CSi Bridge, LARSA, SAP2000, LPILE, LEAP Bridge/ConSpan/PGSuper, MDX, spColumn, AASHTOWare BrR, and/or other software packages
• Strong technical skills and a thorough understanding of technical standards for bridge design, construction, rehabilitation, and maintenance including AASHTO LRFD and state-specific guidelines
• Experience with Microstation
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
• PE licensure in multiple states throughout the Southwest
• Existing relationships with UDOT
• Bridge Lead experience on DB and CM/GC alternative delivery projects and pursuits
• Bridge design experience with multiple structure types including precast concrete girder bridges, steel bridges, light rail bridges, high-speed rail bridges, bridge widenings, rehabilitations, load ratings, and design of bridges in moderate to high seismic areas
• Business development and proposal writing experience
• Project management or task order management experience from project initiation through execution to close out
• Ability and willingness to travel on occasion
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.