Jacobs Engineering Intern in Houston, Texas
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Intern to join the team with our Engineering Division.
· Learn about Engineering fundaments in through practical application and observation – Our Engineering opportunities include exposure and hand on learning in Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing and Structural engineering
· Document test results, analyze test data, write test reports, and develop internal client presentations
· Visit various NASA JSC buildings and active test sites to learn firsthand what it takes to implement a solution
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
· Exhibits application of responsible judgment, including for safety as well as for the planning and execution of projects
· Ability to manage multiple task and projects effectively, and routinely interact with cross-functional groups
· At the end of the internship, the student will present the results of their cumulative internship project to the engineering management team
· Interns will be supported by key engineering staff and work will be performed under the supervision of experience and senior staff members
· Assists the team in conducting experimental tests or analysis on models or prototypes or aerospace systems or equipment
· Observes and participates in testing of models, prototypes, subassemblies, or production assemblies to study and evaluate operational characteristics
· You will work in a team environment applying your knowledge of engineering principles and the physical sciences to support our mission
· Interns will be expected to monitor their project(s) during the entire lifecycle which could last from a few weeks up to several months
· Drill down to root causes to gather relevant information
· Perform other duties as required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Currently enrolled at an accredited university.
Completed at least 25 credit hours.
Minimum of 2.8 GPA.
The ideal candidate is pursuing a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering and is available to report to work in-person at Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
Previous engineering project experience (Capstone, Senior Design, other internships) and understanding of hardware life cycle is preferred.
Why Join Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do (https://app.frame.io/presentations/225c1d41-60d8-58cc-bf8c-fd204fb246d9)
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
Excellent personal and professional career growth
9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .