Jacobs Telecom Site Acquisition Specialist (Austin TX) in Houston, Texas
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Our Telecom Team in Austin TX is seeking an experienced site acquisition specialist. This position will work remote.
The Site Acquisition Specialist assists clients in selecting appropriate sites and
• Perform preliminary candidate search with the ability to understand local
ordinances and zoning codes, floodplain maps, county maps and title documents to determine site development parameters. Report on viable locations for sites to ensure entitlements are possible.
• Ability to evaluate the constructability of a location.
• Order construction and environmental documents including but not limited to construction drawings, survey, Geotech, NEPA, Phase 1 ESA and SHPO with
the ability to understand and redline construction documents.
• Order power and telco and facilitate site walks with the construction team,
property owner and utility companies.
• Take site through permitting and zoning, if required.
• Provide regular status updates of all site acquisition activities based on assigned sites. Resolve issues. Coordinate with the Design, Zoning, RF Engineering and Construction Management teams.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of individual site budgets and schedules.
Coordinate with land owner and client during the lease negotiation process to
obtain fully executed lease or option agreement.
• Negotiate rent, lease terms, prepare lease document package and submit
finalized package with detailed account of negotiations and deal points for client.
• Travel to sites and work in client designated areas as required.
• Demonstrate professionalism while attending project and deployment meetings as directed by Site Acquisition Manager.
• Coordinate with other managers, consultants and contractors on project to ensure quality performance.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 2+ years of related experience in wireless industry plus 2 years of construction management experience
• Experience with small cell sites
• Ability to travel when as needed is required
• Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Requires excellent communication skills, oral and written. Be responsive and have the ability to explain issues clearly.
• Must be US Citizen or able to work for any US employer without Visa sponsorship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting to 20 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and supplemental language. at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocgina_supplement.pdf
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.