Jacobs Software Engineer 4 - $2k Sign-on Bonus in Hudson, New Hampshire
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Your mission is our mission.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It’s our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
This position is contingent on a contract award.
Become part of a respected and hard-working team delivering innovative, next generation aviation solutions to our customers across the globe. We design, build, and secure critical military aircraft solutions using unique technology application and Agile software development capabilities to improve mission agility, capability, and operational readiness.
This position will be primarily doing classified development, intended to allow employees to grow their software engineering skills within our Agile organization. As an integral member of our team, you will hone your skills in backend and frontend technologies to support aircraft specific solutions and integrate with flight hardware. Successful candidates will:
· Contribute on a team of skilled engineers designing, building and maintaining thoroughly tested and stable software using a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE).
· Interpret regulations on own initiative, applies new methods to resolve complex and/or intricate, controversial, or unprecedented issues and problems, and resolves most of the conflicts that arise
· Perform technical tasks to include design-requirements, documentation, code and unit/integration test procedures.
· Maintain a collaborative approach with Product Owners, Software Architects, DevOps, Security and UX engineers.
· Be willing to share knowledge through proactive creation of wikis and documentation to help the team.
· Participate in daily stand-ups providing status updates and raise any technical issues with the rest of the team.
· Contribute to pull request reviews, system demos, planning meetings and retrospectives.
· Be able to switch and work on different projects as customer and program goals evolve.
· Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
· Use judgment and originality by interpreting data; planning the work; and refining the methods and techniques being used
· Be comfortable and effective in supervising of junior engineers
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
General work exp. required (# of years)
Specific work exp. required
(# of years)
(Required or Preferred)
Zero (0) yrs. related experience
Four (4) yrs. related experience
Master’s Degree, required
Five (5) yrs. related experience
Bachelor’s Degree, required
Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline.
Experience with common web frameworks and technologies (HTML5, CSS, React, etc.)
Knowledge of, and skill in applying software engineering principles and practices sufficient to perform highly structured, entry-level work designed to develop broader and more in-depth knowledge and skill needed to perform higher-level assignments.
Ability to communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to teams and customers
Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
The ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret or higher security clearance
Due to the classified nature of the work, successful candidates will be required to work in a secure area on-site in Hudson NH on a full-time basis. Our teams work a 9/80 compressed schedule – 9hrs a day with every other Friday off.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.