Jacobs JSEG Software Test Engineer (Senior Level) (AER0000FI) in Huntsville, Alabama
JSEG Software Test Engineer (Senior Level) (AER0000FI)
The successful Software Test Engineer will assist in planning, developing, conducting, and reporting for Hardware in the Loop tests utilizing the Integrated Avionics Test Facility (IATF) at Marshall Space Flight Center, in Huntsville, AL. The facility is comprised of the Systems Integration Lab (SIL) as well as the Software Integration Test Facilities (SITF). This exciting work is being performed to verify the integrated avionics system for the new NASA Space Launch System (SLS), destined to become the largest space launch vehicle in history.
You can be a part of that history by:
- Tracking and reporting progress in testing, and the timely completion of project critical milestones.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting using your knowledge of software, and through the of test equipment.
- Developing and executing simulation based test results, to meet project needs.
- Providing engineering/scientific support to augment a team of Government and contractor engineers.
- Working with a team of senior software test engineers to develop your skills.
- Leveraging your unique talents to expand upon the capabilities of this diverse team.
To discover more about:
JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required.Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 9 years of experience, Masters with at least 13 years of experience, or BS with at least 15 years of experience.
- An understanding of command and data handling functionality.
- Ability to assimilate test requirements to develop test methodology and test approaches for requirement verification, including definition of needed test resources.
- An understanding of MIL-STD-1553B, RS422 and Ethernet bus protocols and formats is preferred but not required.
- Software coding experience.
- A willingness to perform occasional shift and weekend work.
- An ability to develop simple test scripts in Python and/or C.
- An ability to develop and use data reduction and manipulation tools.
- An understanding of verification and validation activities as they relate to system level testing is preferred.
- Experience with testing/test methodology and performing verification and validation activities at a system level is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Req ID: AER0000FI