Jacobs NET Web Developer in Huntsville, Alabama
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
General Duties: A .Net Web Developer performs detailed analyses of business processes and provides an interface between traditional information technology support organizations and functional requirement definitions. The developer is responsible for producing code using .Net languages such as C# and Visual Basic (VB). The developer creates applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. Also, the developers are able to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. The developer's overall goal is to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software. The developer must have a wide range of knowledge in all areas of information technology and have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills; possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; interact at all levels in the chain of command; work independently with minimal supervision; work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment with tight deadlines. The developer works under the direction of management and team leads but frequently leads both large and small analysis efforts.
• Skill sets in the hardware/software that is used to accomplish customer requirements
• Awareness of trends that may either be positively/negatively affect the customer requirements
• Wide range of technical knowledge including database, application development, project management, scheduling, and etc.
• Understanding of database structure required to support the Web Application
• Web design standards and Government customer’s standard documentation that will be used by all team members
• Develop, control coordinate, and maintain assigned Web Application projects from inception to deployment into the Government customer’s development environment and through the other customer-specific environments
• Create design specifications for the Government customer’s Web Application implementation based on the interpretation of the customer’s requirements
• Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of the total system for the Government customer’s Web Application
• Conduct code reviews, demonstrations and/or walk-throughs of functionality within the Government customer’s Web Application as requested by the customer(s)
• Assist in identifying common customer(s) problems, suggest corrections/enhancements to those issues or refer to other expertise as required
• Provide projected milestones related to the various tasks and identify team members and their areas of responsibility
• Be responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and establishing processes to meet internal or contractual commitments
• Apply standard principles, theories, and concepts to solve problems of moderate/diverse scope
• May be assigned project work that requires application of standard practices and techniques used in programming or operations
• Perform assessments of the system flowcharts, functional specifications and logic, input/output requirements, reports and functional database design for logistical process
• Support the technical contractor teams with functional guidance and subject matter expertise in development as “As is” and “To Be” business processes in the government customer’s Web Portal
• Maintain and develop functional flowchart, functional specifications, systems engineering, reengineering system support, and etc.
• Interact professionally with internal and external Government customers and team members on a regular basis
• Adhere to all established policies with regard to security, completion of mandatory training courses and timesheet submission
#ANSDefense #MOIP #cjpost
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Security+ certification required to fulfill duties of position;
• .NET Framework 4.0 or greater required
• C# and knowledge of Visual Basic (VB) programming code
• JQuery 3.2 or greater
• Bootstrap 4 or greater
• Ability to efficiently balance simultaneous, high profile projects and deliver those projects in an effective manner is required
• Ability to work in an ever changing environment managing multiple tasks and projects. Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of the organization
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines
• High level of independence but a team player
• Must be proficient with Oracle RDBMS, SQL and TOAD for Oracle (Quest) software
• Exposure to/use of GIT/Bit-Bucket style repository a plus
• Exposure to/use of fortify scans a plus
• Experience with the design of large Oracle Database and PL/SQL is desired
• Able to create/implement test plans for large scale web-based applications
• Exposure to/use of the Telerik tool suite for Visual Studio .NET a plus
UNUSUAL OR SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk in the ITSS facility (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%).
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASKS
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCE
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.