Jacobs Software Analyst in Huntsville, Alabama
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
A PySpark developer performs detailed analyses of business rules of a report and is able to translate into PySpark language that will be used to determine the validity, completeness, consistency and accuracy of the data. The developer will be responsible for developing the framework to create the application that will process the data against the business rules to determine the final results for the customer.
The overall goal is to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software. Must have a wide range of knowledge in all areas of information technology and have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills; possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; interact at all levels in the chain of command; work independently with minimal supervision; work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment with tight deadlines. The developer will work under the direction of management and team leads but frequently leads both large and small analysis efforts.
• Skill sets in the hardware/software that is used to accomplish customer requirements
• Awareness of trends that may either be positively/negatively affect the customer requirements
• Wide range of technical knowledge including database, application development, project management, scheduling, and etc.
• Develop, control coordinate, and maintain assigned projects from inception to deployment into the Government customer’s development environment and through the other customer-specific environments
• Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of the total system for the Government customer’s Application
• Conduct code reviews, demonstrations and/or walk-throughs of functionality within the Government customer’s application as requested by the customer(s)
• Assist in identifying common customer(s) problems, suggest corrections/enhancements to those issues or refer to other expertise as required
• Provide projected milestones related to the various tasks and identify team members and their areas of responsibility
• Be responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and establishing processes to meet internal or contractual commitments
• Apply standard principles, theories, and concepts to solve problems of moderate/diverse scope
• May be assigned project work that requires application of standard practices and techniques used in programming or operations
• Perform assessments of the system flowcharts, functional specifications and logic, input/output requirements, reports and functional database design for logistical process
• Support the technical contractor teams with functional guidance and subject matter expertise in development as “As is” and “To Be” business processes
• Maintain and develop functional flowchart, functional specifications, systems engineering, reengineering system support, and etc.
• Interact professionally with internal and external Government customers and team members on a regular basis
• Adhere to all established policies with regard to security, completion of mandatory training courses and timesheet submission
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Ability to efficiently balance simultaneous, high profile projects and deliver those projects in an effective manner is required
• Ability to work in an ever changing environment managing multiple tasks and projects. Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of the organization
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines
• High level of independence but a team player
• Vantage – (Palantir Foundry Product)
• Experience working with Army Logistics Data performing analytics
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety