Jacobs Architectural Design Manager (Hybrid/Onsite) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We're looking for an Architectural Design Manager in Indianapolis, IN who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of assigned routine engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, you’ll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will review vendor drawings, execute piping engineering design, and develop design estimates. As a passionate leader, you’ll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and strong organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Primary Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
• Ensure, at a high level, that the total delivery of the Architectural, Civil, and Structural Design and Engineering deliverables meets quality expectations, schedules, and are within performance budgets.
• Quality, Accountability, and Responsibility for deliverables produced by the department.
• Provide technical guidance and oversight to less experienced personnel as necessary including encouraging/assisting with their career advancement. As a mentor, provide architectural technical instruction as required.
• Manage the department staff level to balance the number of resources with the amount of work. This includes increasing staff, loaning to and/or borrowing from other offices, or shifting work between offices.
• Promote Global Integrated Delivery execution philosophy for all project phases
• Provide department staff forecasting on a regular basis.
• Evaluate employee performance feedback and provide corrective actions, if required
• Assist in project proposals by ascertaining scope, determining the required engineering/design budgets, and when necessary, serve as Architectural Design and Engineering expert during proposal presentations.
• Research/resolve technical challenges and other unusual design issues that affect one or more projects.
• Work with others as required to incorporate code and safety requirements into designs.
• Maintain effective communications with department members, higher management, and with clients.
• Promote the global data centric tool initiative and assist the team in growing technical competency
• Firm understanding of Architectural, Civil, and Structural Design and Engineering deliverables, associated effort hour metrics, change control procedures, and physical progress measurement methods
• Develop and manage Life Sciences CSA Design and Engineering Work Processes
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors or Masters in Architecture
• At least 10 years of design experience with pharmaceutical/industrial/chemical including life safety, hazardous material quantities, building code area classifications, and codes and standards
• Must have demonstrated experience in leading the design on a variety of projects sizes and execution approaches
• Advanced working knowledge of architectural design in 2D/3D modeling software such as S3D, REVIT, AutoCad, or Microstation
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV, #globallifescience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.