Jacobs Mechanical HVAC Engineer (Life Sciences) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Mechanical HVAC Engineer in Indianapolis, you will have the chance to provide technical and application support for our engineering and design group. Working with other members of our team, you'll assist with developing design criteria, defining requirements for the systems, developing conceptual design and preliminary design documents, completing calculations related to sizing and selecting systems and participating in the development of Air flow schematic, Duct and Instrumentation Diagrams, and general equipment arrangements. During your time with us, you will have the opportunity to perform layout and design of HVAC systems for pharmaceutical and life sciences meeting standards for current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) applications and other process related facilities. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you, join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 7-15 years of Mechanical Engineering Experience
• 5 years of mechanical HVAC design
• Experience with design of air handling systems (100% outside air, recirculating, exhaust systems, dust collection)
• Experience with utility systems design including chilled water, heating hot water, compressed air, steam, and condensate
• Knowledge of design codes and standards
• Ability to work on-site in a team environment co-located with the customer
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to adhere to schedule deadlines and budget limitations
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Computer aided drafting, Revit experience preferred
• PE License is preferred, or the candidate should be interested in obtaining a PE
• Knowledge of plumbing systems preferred (sanitary, storm, potable water, etc.)
• Experience with commissioning and qualification of Building Mechanical and Utility Systems
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.