Jacobs Project Manager (Life Sciences) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures. We’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their advanced manufacturing facilities that are changing our world.
As a Project Management Professional, you’ll join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. We are looking for a passionate Project Management Professional who is driven by collaboration, exceeding expectations, and challenging the status quo.
By developing and delivering on project scopes, budgets, reports, and schedules, you’ll help our teams achieve our client’s objectives. Your keen ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and tackle project challenges will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced environment. You’ll bring your expertise to solve complex problems, ensuring the soaring success of our projects. You’ll also provide motivation and direction to project teams and be surrounded by expert mentorship and mentoring opportunities to help you and your team thrive.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global, and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
• 10 years of experience in managing design projects related to industrial facilities with a minimum of 5 years specific to Life Science industry
• Ability to lead and manage design teams on projects up to $50mm
• Act as a mentor for other PMs and Project Engineers
• Strong safety culture both from design safety, and when working in the office or at project locations
• Strong working knowledge and experience interfacing with procurement and construction personnel both in design only projects and in EPCm projects
• Experience in the execution of multi-office projects
• General engineering knowledge that are key to the successful implementation of Life Science projects including infrastructure, process, utilities, and support facilities
• Strong experience in design project cost management, including forecasting, earned value and meeting design budgets
• Experience in developing proposals, estimating design services hours, and working with clients to understand their needs and develop solutions to meet those needs
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
• Ability to travel to project locations for short term visits to client sites
• Strong existing relationships with Life Science clients
• Lump Sum or Gmax contracting experience is a bonus.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.