Jacobs Civil Engineer in Irvine, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads and ports, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. Join a company invested in you, your success, and the global community. We are looking for a driven and curious Civil Engineer to support our Built Environment team.
As a key member of our team, you’ll join our collaborative process providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. You’ll be performing civil design calculations and, preparing site and utility layouts while conforming to design standards for a variety of Federal projects. You’ll have the opportunity to coordinate project assignments with other engineers and technicians in and out of your discipline group to review and recommend required changes to drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and other engineers. You will attend multi-discipline design meetings, interact with clients, and lead a team of EITs.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
• Perform non-routine and complex assignments from verbal instructions
• Work closely with design originator and Project Managers
• Inform Project Manager(s) of progress on assigned projects and request work or additional resources when needed
• Recommend design changes requiring sound judgment and discretion
• Flexible in work assignments and team assignments
• Research and implement regulatory requirements and design standards
• Review drawings for completeness
• Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop designs with minimal supervision
• Strong background in plan production and project execution
• AutoCAD, Civil 3d design experience
• Experience with Bluebeam Software
• Some travel may be required, including international
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
• At Least 5 years of experience on site development projects including project design
• PE Registration in at least one US state
• United States Citizenship
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience with Federal clients and projects
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.