Jacobs Client Service Leader/Senior Project Manager in Irvine, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – we’re always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look to the future with great optimism and focus. We’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their projects that are shaping our world.
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Client Service Leader / Senior Project Manager who will build strategic business partnerships and deliver high profile projects with key local and state governmental clients. As a Client Service Leader, you will need to understand client organizations and processes, develop and maintain consistent relationships at all organizational levels, and work to ensure that Jacobs is the consultant-of-choice for our clients. You'll be able to leverage your people management skills to optimize your team’s performance and consistently deliver high-quality technical solutions for our clients. Bring your project management experience, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced consulting environment, and technical expertise and we’ll provide you with exciting and challenging opportunities to help you grow professionally over the remainder of your career.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
• Play a leadership role in business development activities that result in the award of new contracts. This typically includes client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
• Contribute to the development of a local Market Strategy that delivers leading-edge technology solutions for our clients while also actively diversifying and expanding our client base.
• Lead and manage teams through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
• Be accountable for successfully completing projects to the satisfaction of clients and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that Jacobs’ business and policy expectations are met in the areas of health and safety, quality, financial, project delivery, and risk management.
• Demonstrate leadership by example with integrity and candor and in support of Jacobs Culture of Caring work environment.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, key team members, and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
If you’re interested in joining a company invested in, you and your success- explore Jacobs!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Knowledge and familiarity in railroad operating rules and practices and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering program
• 10+ years related professional experience in rail/transit signal design & construction management
• Professional Engineer License (PE)
• Progressively responsible Project Management experience with infrastructure projects and consulting
• Strong understanding of project delivery tools and metrics, and a proven history leading project delivery teams to successfully meet client expectations
• Attributes that include excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis and technical problem solving, and a strong organizational approach.
• Proven track record in developing and maintaining strong client relationships that result in the creation and procurement of new and repeat consulting work.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.