Jacobs Sr. Construction Structures Inspector in Irvine, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Job Summary :
Position requires full time Quality Assurance inspection of structures such as bridges and retaining walls, overhead sign structures, etc. Duties include:
• Strong understanding and experience with Caltrans Standard Plans and Standard Specifications.
• Review contractor’s submittals that include reviewing and approving falsework, shoring, overhead sign structures, as well as coordinating changes with the designer
• Review RFI’s and provide comments
• Observe and inspect ongoing construction work on site.
• Review plans and specifications to ensure that work is in compliance with project plans and specifications.
• Complete pay quantity sheets for actual work completed and assist with monthly pay estimates.
• Assist with preparation, analysis and review of contract change orders (CCO).
• Assist with the review of Critical Path Method (CPM) Schedule analysis.
• Assist with Water Pollution Control Program (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) enforcement.
• Maintain a detailed daily report of construction activities of work in progress and status of completion and discusses construction related problems with the supervisor.
• Perform labor compliance interviews with contractor staff.
• Promote and maintain safe working environment.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in civil/structural engineering or construction required
• EIT certificate and/or PE (Civil) are desired.
• 10+ years of experience in bridge construction inspection on highway projects is required.
• Experience with Caltrans Standard Specifications and Standard Plans.
• Familiarity with Caltrans Construction Manual
• Familiarity with Caltrans Structure Construction technical manuals
• Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
• Ability to walk construction site, including walking up and down slopes and on scaffoldings.
• Ability to inspect all aspects of structure work from foundation, columns and superstructure
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.