Jacobs Water Resources Project Manager in Irvine, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As global supply and demand for water intensifies, solving the world’s most complex water challenges demands different thinking – and that’s where we come in.
We’re seeking a Senior Water Resources Project Manager to join our team in Southern California. We’re looking for someone who can use their vast experience in the water industry and apply it to today’s challenges.
As a key member of our team, you will lead water resources projects, focusing on project delivery and client service. We’ll ask you to pursue new projects, including strategy development, positioning, proposing, and negotiating contracts. By communicating with clients on project and technical design topics, you will develop long term client relationships for continued market success
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Working understanding of water resources solutions and technologies
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Self-motivated, initiator; demonstrated through professional society involvements or related activities
• Project management experience for water utility projects
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with clients and to win work
• Bachelor’s Degree in in civil, chemical, environmental or mechanical engineering.
• Demonstrated professional experience in water resources related engineering fields, such as surface water and groundwater hydrology, hydraulics, stream restoration, coastal and estuarine hydrodynamics, dams, master planning, resilience plans, stormwater, watershed protection, drainage/flood control, water quality, design, and services during construction.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s Degree
• 10 - 15 years of experience
• Position requires excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices
• Knowledge and familiarity with local and state regulatory requirements and challenges
• Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure from the State of California or ability to obtain within 3 months.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $117,400 - 183,500, and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.