Jacobs Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist in Jacksonville, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other. When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve our tomorrow.
As an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist you’ll have the chance to support innovative environmental compliance solutions for our clients.
Based out of Florida (Jacksonville, Orlando or Tampa), you’ll have the opportunity to help create a more sustainable world by ensuring environmental compliance, environmental management, and health and safety while working on diverse projects. In this role, you’ll work with experienced engineers and project managers who will help you grow your environmental consulting career at a place like no other, a company that is invested in you and the environment around us. Kick off your environmental career at Jacobs – where we’ll empower you to learn and grow as you deliver environmental projects that make our world better. Bring your enthusiasm for learning and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering), Environmental Science, or related degree with environmental focus from a U.S. accredited college or university
• Experience within environmental consulting or relevant regulatory compliance field
• Relevant work experience in environmental, health and safety consulting
• Familiarity with federal/state environmental regulations
• Experience managing environmental compliance tasks
• Experience working directly with clients and regulatory agencies
• 40-hr HAZWOPER certification or the ability to attain this certification
• Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
• US Citizenship Required
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Regulatory program experience: SPCC, SWPPP, Air Emissions, RCRA, EPCRA
• Strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
• Experience mentoring and leading junior staff
• Experience with Microsoft Office software
• Project Management experience focusing on environmental projects
• Familiarity with facility response plans (FRPs), multimedia environmental compliance and environmental management systems (EMS) audits, stormwater, and regulatory compliance
• Experience building new relationships; building networks with client organizations; participating in technical seminars and conferences including delivery of technical presentations
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field from a U.S. accredited college or university
• Experience working with Department of Defense clients
• ISO 14001 Lead Auditor • Certified aboveground storage tank inspector
• Certified environmental auditor
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.