Jacobs Sr. Materials Engineer (Airport Construction) - Red Sea Remote Location in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you interested in being part of a challenging airport project in Saudi Arabia and making a major contribution within an iconic project? Make a difference, lead a world class commercial function in delivering a critical technical and programme consulting service for the airport project.
As a Sr. Materials Engineer, your responsibilities includes but not limited to;
• Approving the best combination of materials for specific purposes;
• Approving the testing of materials to assess how resistant they are to heat, corrosion or chemical attack;
• Assessing materials for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability);
• Considering the implications for waste and other environmental pollution issues of any product or process;
• working to solve problems that may arise either during the manufacturing process or with the finished product (e.g. problems caused by daily wear and tear or change of environment);
• Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process;
• monitoring plant conditions and material reactions during use;
• helping to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and quality standards;
• advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures;
• supervising the work of materials engineering technicians and other staff
Here’s What You’ll Need:
As a successful candidate you will have a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years’ experience. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and client relationship skills. Experience in airport project and GCC region experience preferred but not essential.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.