Jacobs Sr. Pavement Engineer (Airport Construction) - Red Sea Remote Location in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you interested in being part of a challenging airport project in Saudi Arabia and making a major contribution within an iconic project? Make a difference, lead a world class commercial function in delivering a critical technical and programme consulting service for the airport project.
As a Sr. Pavement Engineer, your responsibilities includes but not limited to;
• Close monitoring and on-site supervision of construction works including technical advice and assistance to the Contractor and working group to ensure required quality, strength and smoothness of finished pavement layers.
• Provide inputs to the monthly/weekly/QAQC reports & plan.
• Review and provide inputs to the prequalification documents of suppliers/subcontractors for pavement works.
• To allocate tasks to the members of the pavement team.
• Issue observation and non-compliance (NCR's) with regard to the pavement works not in compliance with the contract documents.
• Review the performance of the Contractor with regard to the quality and program of pavement layers and report to SRE.
• To review designs, reports, specification and other contract documents for pavement works.
• To ensure project quality system is implemented to all pavement works.
• Provide inputs on changes/variation/claims related to pavement layer, if any.
• Inspection of finished pavement works and assist in preparation of snag list/completion of works/maintenance schedule for maintenance period.
• To provide professional and technical excellence in all pavement engineering aspects of the project.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
As a successful candidate you will have a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in pavement construction supervision. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and client relationship skills. Experience in the GCC region preferred but not essential.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.