Jacobs Senior Technologist – Emerging Contaminants Subject Matter Expert and Sales Leader (m/w/d) in Kaiserslautern, Germany
Der Geschäftsbereich People & Places Solutions steht für die Verbesserung unserer Lebensqualität rund um den Globus. Das Ziel, innovative Lösungen für unsere Umwelt und Gesellschaft zu entwickeln, treibt uns an.
Wir implementieren lebenswichtige Technologien, sorgen für sauberes Trinkwasser und stellen eine globale Vernetzung durch moderne Infrastruktur sowie neue Innovationen sicher. Unsere einzigartige, interdisziplinäre und ganzheitliche Herangehensweise macht es möglich, die Welt von Morgen nachhaltig zu prägen.
Bewerben Sie sich bei Jacobs und setzen Sie Ihre Karriere in einem Unternehmen fort, dass Ihnen die Möglichkeit gibt sich zu entwickeln, Ihre Bestleistungen hervorzubringen und die Zukunft zu gestalten.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world more connected and sustainable. For our site characterization and remediation group, that means using new technologies to make our environment better for today’s communities and tomorrow’s.
Our Senior Technologists collaborate within many facets of our business and interact with the full spectrum of staff from the entry level engineers/scientists to the senior business unit leadership. You’ll have the chance to support remediation projects within Europe and globally, providing technical leadership while helping to grow our business. Working with other members of the team, you’ll provide expertise in contaminated land investigation, cleanup, and site closure; remediation and management; and emerging contaminant strategy and leadership to programs and projects.
The primary function of this position is to serve as a Senior Technical Consultant with the key responsibilities to be a leader for the per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) initiative in Europe. In this position you will be working collaboratively with other Jacobs technical resources and Performance Units (for example, Europe Region Aviation, UK Ministry of Defence, US Federal DOD, etc) to advance our PFAS growth initiative as part of a One Jacobs team.
You will build strong relationships with environmental, water and transportation clients to solve their toughest challenges. You will also be involved in growing our business, working directly with our sales and client account management teams to help innovate and differentiate our service offerings for emerging contaminants. In addition, a portion of your role will help directly on proposals including proposal writing and level of effort estimating.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• BS or MS degree geology, hydrogeology, civil/environmental engineering, or related field
• Minimum 15 years of experience in soil/groundwater investigations and remediation
• Proven track record of successful client development and sales experience including preparing proposals and leading the delivery of work for PFAS and other emerging contaminants
• Experience with various environmental media (soil, groundwater, soil gas, surface water and sediment) in fate and transport of contaminants, risk management, interpretation of groundwater flow and implementation of various remediation technologies.
• An understanding of the evolving regulatory framework in Europe
• Good communication and interpersonal skills including experience with client interactions and relationship development
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Conversant with MS Office Suite software
• Fluent in English (written & verbal); German language competency preferred; additional language competencies beneficial
The ideal candidate should possess and can demonstrate some of the following skills and knowledge:
• Advanced degree in hydrogeology, geology, civil or environmental engineering or related field
• Relevant industry experience as Senior Technical Consultant for emerging contaminants globally
• Demonstrated experience presenting complex technical information and interpretations to clients and regulatory stakeholders in a readily understandable manner.
• Experience supporting Project Managers (PMs) and Sales professionals in winning and delivering complex environmental site characterization and remediation, permitting, and compliance projects for commercial and governmental clients.
• History of effective collaboration with multiple technical disciplines including experts in environmental engineering, hydrogeology, chemistry, and risk assessment to complete remedial investigation and feasibility studies.
• Maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety and Quality Control in all work
Remote work option is possible for this position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.