Jacobs Associate Triage Systems Analyst in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are launching people to the Moon and Mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today. It takes big ideas and determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
The COMET contract provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing, and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle, and Launch Services programs.
The Triage member will provide troubleshooting expertise in a server based multi-user environment called the Launch Control System (LCS). They will attempt to duplicate problems and define root causes, using product designs, code, and specifications. They will be comfortable working in all functions of a large-scale IT system, booting, memory management, loading and execution, user interface and process management. Should be familiar with interpreting core files, log files, event monitoring, system messages and other operating parameters.
The specific tasks a Triage team member will be responsible for would include, but are not limited to, the items below and is expected to have familiarity but not expertise knowledge of these items:
· Troubleshoot software and hardware issues in real-time.
· Provide short term basic guidance to users when anomalies are found.
· Analyze collected data for anomalies.
· Document anomalies.
· Communicate system status/issues to users, managers, and technical staff.
· Responsible for analyzing, understanding, and working with a variety of in-house developed and commercial software packages.
· Responsible for identification of dependencies and characteristics of software applications and hardware at all levels of the OSI model.
· Assess issues and determine criticality and priority.
· Identify LCS software issues, bugs or gaps needing attention.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Access to Kennedy Space Center Amenities
While doing your part to help further space exploration at Kennedy Space Center, you can enjoy many on-site amenities, such as:
· Child Development Center
· Discounted tickets to local attractions and theme parks
· Credit Union
· Fitness Center
· NASA Exchanges
Flexible Schedule and Telework
At Jacobs, we value your time and commitment. Here at Kennedy Space Center, Jacobs offers partial telework options and flexible work schedules for many of our positions. The ability to utilize a flex schedule or telework will depend on your department’s demands and needs.
Here’s what you’ll need :
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering or technical equivalent from an accredited institution and four (4) years of related experience.
Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
· Requires the ability to interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing. May be required to provide verbal status to management on occasion.
· Requires knowledge of software development and systems engineering.
· System Administration in a UNIX or Linux environment is a bonus.
· Experience in C , Java, Perl, Python, expect, shell scripting, of XML is a bonus.
· Knowledge of SNMP protocols and the ability to utilize Wireshark is a bonus.
· Experience in Root Cause Analysis is a bonus.
· If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
· Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
· Will be required to climb stairs to access equipment for trouble shooting.
· Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and other associated personal protective equipment.
· Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
· Physical requirements are sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
· Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
· Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
· Position may require individual to travel daily to different areas on site.
· Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand, is required to access various locations on the facility.
· Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
· All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
· Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
· Variety of equipment used in testing.
· Full-time work hours.
· Position may require occasional overtime, including weekend work, depending on task.
· Must be dependable and punctual.
· Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
· Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
· Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
· Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
· Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
· Government security clearance may be required in the future.
· Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.