Jacobs LETF Engineering Technician V Mechanical in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Demonstrates a journeyman level of proficiency with expertise and ability to perform tasks without supervision. While working in a team environment assist in the application of engineering principles in creating, testing, and modifying mechanical equipment or systems and or other duties as assigned.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Minimum of 10 years in mechanical, fluids, or test technician related experience.
Needs to be able to read schematics, drawings, work instructions and perform PM's on LETF equipment and systems.
Having 6S experience and a willingness to work with a 6S mindset is desired.
If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
· Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection, fall protection, and other associated personal protective equipment.
· Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing and working at heights.
· Physical requirements are sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to elevated and/or remote structures.
· Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
· Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the LETF complex.
· Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas at KSC.
· Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
· Climbing ladders and platforms and accessing confined spaces may be necessary.
· All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
· safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
· Computers and printers used for Work instructions, producing reports, time keeping and schedules.
· Variety of equipment used in Fabrication and testing.
- Forklifts 6K-30K, JLG, Scissor Lifts, Jib Hoist, and Over Head Cranes
· Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
· Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
· Must be dependable and punctual.
· Shift work may be required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.