Jacobs Manager - COMET IT Security in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
We are launching people to the moon and mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great
team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today. It takes big ideas and
determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
The IT Security team is responsible for implementing effective cybersecurity risk management of multiple applications and
systems in support of NASA's Artemis program, launching the next humans to the moon and beyond. As part of the Launch
Control System Team, you will be responsible for taking conceptual ideas and making them a reality.
As the manager of the IT Security team you are responsible for assembling and maintaining an effective team that is
responsible for supporting cybersecurity operations and maintenance of the LCS, and the supporting cybersecurity tools
and infrastructure. You ensure the team is coordinating with NASA customers, LCS project management, and other
cybersecurity SMEs to architect and integrate tools and security controls in a highly sensitive and secure environment.
Provide guidance and direction to team members, mentor new hires and assist with technical troubleshooting of
cybersecurity and platform-specific issues when necessary. You will also be responsible for team members that are part of
the Security Operations Center (SOC) team, performing system monitoring and assisting in incident response and
Access to Kennedy Space Center Amenities
While doing your part to help further space exploration at Kennedy Space Center, you can enjoy many on-site amenities, such as:
· Child Development Center
· Discounted tickets to local attractions and theme parks
· Credit Union
· Fitness Center
· NASA Exchanges
Flexible Schedule and Telework
At Jacobs, we value your time and commitment. Here at Kennedy Space Center, Jacobs offers partial telework options and flexible work schedules for many of our positions. The ability to utilize a flex schedule or telework will depend on your department’s demands and needs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT or Cybersecurity (or a related discipline from an
accredited college or university) and 15+ years of information security, networking and/or systems administration
Must have 2 years leadership experience as a direct manager or leading, directing or being responsible for the performance
Must have experience in one or more of the following IT Security areas, System Administration, security tools, governance;
Must be familiar with IT security tools such as BigFix, Splunk, wireshark, Nessus, metasploit, etc.;
Must be familiar with risk analysis and remediation;
Must be proficient with the MS Office suite of tools, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word. MS Project is a plus;
Must have experience presenting complex material to senior management, major customers and senior technical experts;
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is highly desired;
Experience in hiring is a plus.
· Will be required to climb stairs to access equipment for trouble shooting.
· Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and other associated personal protective equipment.
· Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
· Physical requirements are sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
· Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
· Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
· Position may require individual to travel daily to different areas on site.
· Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand, is required to access various locations on the facility.
· Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
· All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
· Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
· Variety of equipment used in testing.
· Full-time work hours.
· Position may require occasional overtime, including weekend work, depending on task.
· Must be dependable and punctual.
· Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
· Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
· Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
· Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
· Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
· Government security clearance may be required in the future.
· Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is a background screening and drug-free workplace.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.