Jacobs Operations Support Engineer I - Command & Control in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
We are launching people to the Moon and Mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today. It takes big ideas and determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
This position provides entry level software and hardware support to the Command & Control Systems (C&C) under the Test & Operations Support Contract (TOSC) at NASA Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Launch Control Center. The C&C organization is responsible for the design, development, sustaining, testing, and operations of the Control systems within the KSC Launch Control Center (LCC). Individuals will work in a dynamic team environment and will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, user support, maintenance and operations of software systems in support of the KSC Launch Control Center (LCC).
Typically the employee will first train on LCC/C&C system overview and C&C System Operations and become certified as a Master Console Operations (MCO) position responsible for the operations of the Launch Control Systems at KSC and remote sites. Upon completion of training, the employee will perform MCO functions for the Launch Control Systems and will be provided additional training in a specific C&C discipline supporting Ground Systems, Launch Systems, and/or Simulation and Modeling of ground and/or space crafts based on skills and career paths. The individual may subsequently serve a role in H/W engineering, System Administration, Software development, Software Testing, Systems Integration, Simulation, and/or System Support positions within the C&C organization.
Typical Tasks Include:
· Master Console Operations functions for Launch Control System (LCS) include Software installation, configuration control, system health monitoring, and troubleshooting.
· Documentation of work and communication to all levels of the Project.
· Provide Firing Room System Administration functions
· Support Launch Test Team operations and systems end users with system software and application problem analysis; provide technical work-around to issues and anomalies; supports the development organization with enhancements and fixes.
· Training and work assignments to prepare for software engineering, hardware engineering, and software test simulation, or system integration roles within the rest of the C&C organization.
Employee may work evenings and weekend shifts supporting operations. Paid overtime may be required based on schedules. Travel to remote sites including but not limited to Huntsville Alabama, Littleton Colorado, and Houston Texas may be required based on work assignments and operational needs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· This is an entry-level position. Preferred candidate will have 0-2 years related experience.
· Requires a BS degree (August 2021 or earlier) in engineering, computer or system science, information technology, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
· The individual should possess strong initiative, teamwork, problem solving, and customer engagement skills.
· The job requires close communication and collaboration with the end user to other members of the team.
· To be successful, the candidate shall have the ability to work towards deadlines and delivery quality products on their assignments.
· If selected for position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States.
Required skills include:
· The ability to interpret information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Ability to work both independently and on teams.
Since this is an entry level position, additional skills in the one or more of the following areas are highly desirable:
o Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Linux scripting, C++ in Linux and AIX environments
o Ability to analyze information and problem solve
o Experience with Software Development Fundamentals and Software Development Processes
o Experience with network test equipment
o Experience installing and testing both fiber optic and copper media conversion equipment
o Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
· Experience with Bash Scripting
· Basic understanding of Linux System Administration and File Systems Navigation
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.