Jacobs Safety Engineering Prof Entry in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
The Quality team is responsible for monitoring hardware and software processes that are used to ensure requirements are satisfied during design, manufacture, and integration of flight hardware for NASA's Artemis and International Space Station Programs. In support of the Quality team we are looking for a talented and creative person to join our Process Control Team.
• Establish/assess quality performance criteria in the execution of Program requirements
• Develop/establish/maintain processes and metrics that support contract and AS9100 (latest rev.) requirements
• Contribute technically to Design/Project Reviews, V&V assessments, and Technical Boards.
• Reviews work documents and procurement documents to ensure proper application of inspection requirements.
• Creates, updates and validates Acceptance Data Packs.
• Obtain/maintain MR/MRB certification and support technical assessment of nonconforming products.
• Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
• Maintains statistical process controls.
• Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Perform field assessments in support of AS9100 and internal requirements
• Work as part of Internal Audit Team
• Support Corrective Action process by evaluating Corrective Action responses and performing verification of effectiveness assessments
• Develop repeatable processes to analyze data sets.
• Develop reports detailing concerns for specific stakeholders
• Assist the Quality Process Control Group and customers in developing process improvement plans
• Maintain statistical process control plans
• Utilize software tools including SharePoint, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• Related experience desired
• Experience with Power BI preferred
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent communication and customer interface skills required
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
Equipment and Machines
Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
Variety of equipment used in testing.
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
Must be dependable and punctual.
Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
Government security clearance may be required in the future.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.