Jacobs Software Configuration Mgmt Specialist in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
We are launching people to the moon and Mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today. It takes big ideas and determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
The Command & Control team is responsible for designing, building and testing the software, hardware and networking systems that will be used to launch the next generation rocket for NASA. In support of the Command & Control team, we are looking for a talented and creative IT Professional, who will be responsible for Configuration Management of software and hardware products for the Launch Control System.
· Process engineering documents in KDDMS document management system.
· Review, track, and communicate status of development activities and non-conformances.
· Officiate Configuration Control Panels and review development activities in preparation for Configuration Control Panels. Prepare Configuration Control Panel agendas and meeting minutes.
· Author, review, and distribute Configuration Management notifications.
· Process external flight software deliveries for storage on Configuration Management server.
· Work with Quality and Software Development teams to generate media for software deliveries.
· Manage source code version control system and assist users with troubleshooting issues.
· Maintain COTS software inventory.
· Develop and review configuration management plans, policies, processes and desktop instructions.
· Utilize software tools including Jama, ClearQuest, AccuRev, Windchill, Maximo to perform CM duties.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and related experience.
· Knowledge of software configuration management principles preferred.
· Experience with Windchill, Jama, Maximo, ClearQuest preferred.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
· Excellent communication and customer interface skills required.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
Variety of equipment may be used.
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
Must be dependable and punctual.
Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
Government security clearance may be required in the future.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .