Jacobs Software Engineer in Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
We are launching people to the moon and mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today . It takes big ideas and determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
The Launch Control Systems team is responsible for designing, building and testing the software, hardware and networking systems that will be used to launch the next generation rocket for NASA. As part of the Launch Control System Test team, you will be responsible for of design, development and performance of system level testing. This would include the comprehension of the system architecture to be able to design and perform system level test regimens.
The TST Software Engineer will be responsible for the design of software products in support of software testing. Will create automated test capabilities when appropriate and test tools to support the Test Engineering group. The successful candidate will be expected to create new products, update existing products, and automate manual products to expand efficiency and overall capability of the Test Engineering Group. Must have the technical background to be able to learn and apply knowledge in the area of system level acceptance testing on a large scale, multiplatform architecture. You must be a quick learner, be able to work both independently and in groups, self-starter and highly motivated. You will be joining a strong team with a history of superior performance in a challenging and rewarding endeavor.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
· Support Verification testing of the Launch Control Subsystem (LCS) within the Test Engineering department.
· Support Verification testing by creating new test and performance monitoring capabilities to verify system level requirements.
· Support the Test Engineering group for the LCS in a team environment along with interfacing to multiple groups associated with the Space Launch System (SLS).
· Using the Automated Test environment when possible, create and/or modify test capabilities such that manual steps are no longer used.
· Participate in training to gain an understanding of LCS and the methods by which performance testing is accomplished.
· Participate in Design Panels, technical assessments and System Use Case Analysis Tasks to understand how new capabilities will impact the various CSCIs and system design.
· Participate in problem reviews and work with Software Development and Test Engineering groups to determine how changes to the software will impact other areas of the system.
· Participate in software development processes to include requirements, code implementation, testing and documentation.
· Perform other duties within Test Engineering department to include presentations, group discussions and process improvements.
· Must be highly motivated and a self-starter that can work in either a team environment or individually where much of the job is initially On the Job Training (OJT).
· Must be able to work in a fast pace test environment, that periodically may include work shifts other than weekdays and 1st shift, to support Software delivery schedules.
· Able to work with various tools that maintain requirements, test procedures, software/hardware issues and workflow.
· Requires the ability to interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in software testing and test analysis (regression, timing, failure, etc.) and a solid understanding of the configuration, build, and delivery authorization processes of software development/delivery.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
BS degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related engineering/science field from an ABET accredited institution plus four (4) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
· Requires C/C++ and/or Java programming experience
· 2+ years in large scale systems preferred
· Experience in the Linux Operating System is preferred
· Experience in performance monitoring at the system or developer level is preferred
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
· Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
· Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
· Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
· Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
· Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
· Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
· Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
· All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
· Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
· Variety of equipment may be used.
· Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
· Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
· Must be dependable and punctual.
· Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
· Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
· Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
· Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
· Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
· Government security clearance may be required in the future.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.