Jacobs Intermediate Building Inspector/Contract Administrator in Kitchener, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Building Inspector /Contract Administrator , based out of our Kitchener office. In this role you’ll have the chance to work as a consultant’s representative in the field, providing construction inspection services for various municipal water /wastewater treatment plant projects. Working with other members of the team, you’ll coordinate and communicate with all parties on a project, including engineering design team, client project manager, contract administrator and contractors.
Typical projects will be water /wastewater treatment plant projects.
You will ensure construction is in accordance with contract drawings and specifications; keep detailed, legible and adequate records of construction activities; prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports; keep activities tracking logs, photo records; and assist in preparation of change orders, payment certificates, schedule reviews. You will coordinate and facilitate with engineering design team to review shop drawings; requests for information; site instructions and assist in resolving design/construction issues in the field. You will apply company’s and client’s standards for construction inspections and administration.
You are Jacobs’ face to the client and public during construction, and as such you have demonstrated strengths in respectful communication, problem solving, and a love for working with people and getting things done. You are resourceful, independent and willing to go the extra mile to gain satisfaction in implementing an excellent project.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• At least 8 years’ experience in site inspection, ideally on municipal water /wastewater projects
• Valid driver’s license and a car to drive to the sites
• Knowledge of construction practices and related regulatory and/or industry requirements and practices
• Foresight and balanced judgement in anticipating and solving problems during construction
• Ability to assert high quality implementation of our design in the field
• Experience working in the GTA is strongly preferred
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Knowledge of project controls and effect on time and cost
• Ability to read contract drawings and knowledge of specifications
• Knowledge of heavy construction principles, materials and equipment, means and methods
• Problem identification and resolution skills
• Understanding of administrative and project policies and procedures
• Advanced skills in construction QA/QC
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.