Jacobs SCADA Integrator /Project Manager in Kitchener, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Due to continued business growth, we are seeking an Intermediate SCADA Integrator /Project Manager to support out projects out of the Kitchener area. In this role you’ll have the chance to work on exciting and engaging infrastructure projects and utilize your project management and SCADA knowledge and expertise to help our clients deliver their automation projects cost effectively, on time and with the high quality they have expected of Jacobs. We are a full-service provider of information solutions and facility automation services that spans the full life cycle of SCADA implementation, from conceptual planning, design, configuration, construction build, installation, testing, startup, and post commissioning services.
As an Intermediate SCADA Integrator /Project Manager you will be involved in all parts of the projects solving complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify creative solutions, identifying applications of functional knowledge, and applying existing methodologies to complex problems. You’ll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working closely with our clients. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living leading functional teams or projects and serving as a best practice, quality resource.
Each day you will be an important part of the team as you complete a variety of design and project management responsibilities for the design and operation of SCADA systems for water and wastewater clients. You will work with minimal supervision, both on your own and in a team environment, and multi-task effectively.
In this role you’ll manage medium to large complex SCADA projects with multidiscipline teams executed from multiple office locations for various municipal water and wastewater projects. You’ll lead and manage the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other specified requirements stated in the contract. You’ll complete the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that Jacobs staff safety, product quality, project financial, risk management, business, and policy expectations are met.
You’ll also lead business development activities resulting in the award of a contract. This could include client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, oral presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes. You’ll be responsible for development and execution of SCADA Master Plans and will lead project teams during start up and commissioning activities. You’ll be involved with developing control system code (PLC and HMI) and preparing specifications and drawings and will provide general supervision and mentoring to junior staff for development of design drawings and specifications.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
• At least 8 years of progressive experience in PLC /HMI control systems, development of control system architecture, development of SCADA Master Plans, Radio Telemetry systems, SCADA Network design, development of P&IDs, lead design engineer
• At least 5 years of project management experience including managing SCADA programming, information solutions, and design projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of instrumentation and process computer control systems
• Excellent presentation skills to large audiences
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Working experience of 5 years or greater in the water/wastewater industry, with a knowledge of municipal water/wastewater treatment processes and control systems, and information solutions
• Experience with transportation control systems
• 5 years of proven programming experience in Allen Bradley Control Logix programming or in GE iFIX programming
• Experience with SCADA System Integration including panel building, field wiring, testing, and commissioning of systems
• Professional Engineer registration for ON
• PMP Certification
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.