Jacobs Senior Process Mechanical Design Engineer in Kitchener, Ontario
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long term and rewarding career working with the #1 globally ranked water treatment engineering firm, and with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Kitchener office for a Senior Process Mechanical Design Engineer position. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to utilize your technical leadership and knowledge in process and mechanical engineering design of systems for municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities and pumping stations.
As the Process Mechanical Design Lead, you’ll lead process and mechanical engineering teams in the design of large municipal water and wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations. You’ll provide technical leadership in the area of process mechanical engineering both locally and regionally and advocate the use of advance engineering and automation tools in the design. You’ll provide design coordination between multiple engineering disciplines and expert advice to internal and external clients, including performing process and equipment condition assessments at water and wastewater treatment facilities and pumping stations. You’ll be responsible for the projects engineering budget, as well as the project’s schedule and quality of deliverables.
As a passionate design lead, you’ll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward. Most importantly, you’ll take action to ensure the safety, health and well-being of your team and our planet.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• Holds (or eligible for) Professional Engineers Ontario membership
• At least 15 years’ experience in design, construction management and commissioning of systems for process-mechanical municipal facilities or similar type water and wastewater treatment facilities
• Positive attitude, dependable, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work and mentorship and development of staff
• Experience with Design Build Project is an asset
• Experience functioning as Design Manager for water and wastewater treatment plant design projects is an asset.
• Process modelling experience with modelling software (e.g. Biowin) is an asset
• Desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new process /process mechanical engineering task
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.