Jacobs Control System Engineers in Knutsford, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.Salaries are above average.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns, Contract, and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunities,
We are Looking for Electrical Engineers across all our Business Units. If you are keen to work for a global company that’s involved with some of the most exciting projects on the planet?
We want to take your skills and talent to create the best career experience possible, working collaboratively across a multitude of markets including Defence and Nuclear. Take a look at our website for more information on our innovative solutions.
At Jacobs we have roles for Control System Engineers at all levels including:
PLC/SCADA design and implementation
Safety Systems and Functional Safety (e.g. BS 61508)
OT Cyber Security
Hardware and Software Design and Qualification
We work on some of the most interesting and inspiring projects across the globe and we aspire to create progressive, agile careers that allow you the freedom to go on a limitless journey with full support along the way.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ROLES COULD BE BASED OUT OF ANY JACOBS UK OFFICE STAFF OR CONTRACT
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Previous experience of working within Industrial/Process/ Brown field sites is highly desirable though not essential providing that suitable similar experience can be demonstrated.
The candidate shall ideally have experience in a similar role and should ideally be qualified Degree/HNC/Incorporated/Chartered Engineer or be working towards gaining professional status. However experience at all levels will be considered.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• The ability to work with minimal supervision, work effectively in a team and to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and spoken English & effective communication skills
• Professional attitude and a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
• Can produce and maintain key deliverable documents/reports, calculations, schedules, etc. to programme and of appropriate quality
• Can liaise and coordinate with other design disciplines and plant engineering as necessary in the production of preliminary and detail design deliverables
• Can support the CE&I design team in meetings and reviews
• Design in accordance with the IET regulations.
• Ideally conversant with existing CAE tools (e.g. Auto CAD, CAESAR, PDMS)
• Fluent in MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel etc)